Dems Flip Seat in Oklahoma State Senate, GOP Keep House and Senate Seat in Special Elections

Posted on

Three seats in the Oklahoma legislature, two in the senate and one in the house, were filled in special elections Tuesday.

The House seat in District 76 (Tulsa), previously held by the late David Brumbaugh-R, was won by Republican Ross Ford. Ford received 68 percent of the vote, while Democrat Chris Van Landingham received the other 32 percent.

In the state Senate races, Republican Paul Rosino defeated Democrat Steven Vincent in District 45 (Oklahoma City), receiving 57 percent of the vote. The seat was previously held by Kyle Loveless-R, who resigned in April and later pleaded guilty to embezzling campaign funds.

In the other Senate seat in District 37 (Tulsa), Democrat Allison Ikley-Freeman defeated Republican Brian O’Hara by 31 votes, flipping another seat in the Oklahoma Legislature. Dan Newberry-R, announced his resignation in June to take a job in the private sector, effective January 31, 2018.

 

 

Published by

Sean Gallagher